OKCupid Dating app review
OKCupid dating app review and comments
OKCupid is the biggest dating site in the world (or at least it’s one of the biggest dating websites). This dating site also has an app which introduces millions of singles to each other. Every day, millions of messages are sent on OKCupid dating app.
- Quickly sign up with a username and an email address.
- A member can filter matches according to a wide range of criteria.
- View your match percentage with other users – every user has answered compatibility questions.
- Post date suggestions to let others know you are ready to meet someone now.
- Rate other users’ dating profiles.
- A user receives a notification immediately once another user has viewed their dating profile.
- It’s totally free!
OKCupid is 100% free! Free to download, free to join, free to contact other members.
- Free to use.
- A huge database means more options.
- Doing fun quizzes so that other members could pre-judge you – this saves you time in the long run.
- An advanced algorithm means you won’t see the same profiles all the time.
- Free to use – that also means many scammers are on this app because there is no filter.
- Poor customer service – how can 48 staff members look after millions of users? Impossible.
- A big database also means you are very likely to meet someone you actually know in real life, e.g. your boss, your co-worker, your neighbour, your client, etc.
- Too many features means the app looks very crowded.
“I’m a 48-year-old virgin who joined OKCupid. I never tried online dating before because I didn’t have the courage to meet someone via URL – I prefer meeting people IRL. However, if I don’t get married now, I’ll probably never have kids because menopause is drawing near. OKCupid is good because it’s free. I have met a few men through OKCupid, but most of them are pretty boring.” (Tamara, 48, London, the United Kingdom)
“I like OKCupid because I met the love of my life on this app. I have recommended OKCupid to all my friends who are single and looking for love.” (Alicia, 33, New York City, the United States)
“I joined OKCupid in 2016 and I’m still on OKCupid because there are so many women who are eager to find love on this app.” (Nicholas, 41, Perth, Australia)
“I joined OKCupid because I want to meet beautiful women in their 20s, but it seems that this app has many more men than women. Maybe pretty girls in their 20s don’t need to join such an app?” (Donald, 31, Toronto, Canada)
“OKCupid is a mainstream dating app. Although it’s supposed to be a matchmaker, about 50% of its members are looking for casual relationships or one-night-stands.” (Curt Coch)
“OKCupid asks each user to answer a list of matchmaking questions, which is fair enough because it’s a mainstream dating app which promotes traditional long-term relationships.” (Jade Seashell)
OKCupid dating app is also known as “Google of online dating” – apparently, it’s the king of all data-driving dating apps. Although there are many active users, the quality of its members isn’t too impressive. That being said, in order to find quality, quantity matters! It’s just a matter of how you get the quantity (through a free dating app or elsewhere).