MeetMe dating app review: the most popular social networking platform
A popular social networking app, MeetMe has at least 100 million members. I know this is hard to believe, but when I looked at the number of their reviews on Apple and Google Play, I know it’s real: MeetMe dating app has nearly 200,000 reviews on Apple and 1.5 million reviews on Android. Note that most users never write reviews, so it is clear that MeetMe has a massive database!
- You begin as friends or become something more if you like. 😉
- You hang out with real people rather than some profiles.
- Chatting with others on MeetMe dating app is 100% free; no paywalls, no worries.
- Meet new people near you who share your hobbies and interests.
- Messaging and video chatting in real time. The live streaming feature is great.
- Premium subscription (MeetMe+) is optional.
- This app has many fake profiles, so you must be aware of potential catfishing.
- Some features don’t work due to technical problems.
- You can only write 500 characters on your bio.
- Their customer support team respond to emails very slowly, so your patience is required.
- Some members have been kicked out for no reason.
“MeetMe dating app was a very good app many years ago, but now there are too many fake profiles in this community. Also, it keeps crashing. Someone needs to save this app!” (Aaron M., 23, university student, Oregon)
“There are less than 10 people in my local area on this app, but my photo has 200 likes and many comments from bots. Gross!” (Kyle L., 22, sales assistant, Louisiana)
“This app has too many men and doesn’t have enough women. I guess there are probably 20 women for every few hundred guys. This community promotes shallow behavior by not allowing any sort of in-dept dating profile or any real content. Swiping left or right is too shallow. End of story.” (Justin J., 26, research assistant, Hawaii)
“I’ve met many good friends on MeetMe dating app. Overall, it’s a great app. But I’ve had a few dating profiles that were hacked. I’m not sure what happened.” (Sandy C., 27, beauty therapist, Michigan)
“MeetMe dating app is a mainstream-friendly dating platform where people meet new friends online and then see where things go. A successful relationship is always built on a genuine friendship.” (Jade Seashell, creative writer and columnist)
“Most of the time the notifications don’t pop up on a member’s notification bar on the top of a smartphone, so the member doesn’t know when they get messages or not. That’s the feedback on MeetMe dating app from my audience.” (Curt Coch, founder of iDateAdvice.com)
“It seems that MeetMedoesn’t know the difference between an open relationship and a polyamorous relationship. If they can add polyamory to their options, this platform will be even better.” (Alex Sergent)
“This app was called My Yearbook as a website in the past. At that time, it was a high-quality website.” (Alex Ainsworth)
“Live streaming and chatting are free. However, if you would like to buy gifts, then you must pay for it, which is fair enough.” (Wala Truscott, s*x coach and therapist)
pack of 3 spotlights: $2.99
pack of 6 spotlights: $4.99
pack of 15 Spotlights: $9.99
pack of 50 Spotlights: $24.99
pack of 250 Credits: $4.99
pack of 625 Credits: $9.99
pack of 1,425 Credits: $19.99
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use other languages on MeetMe dating app?
Answer: Yes, you can. There are many options: English, Dutch, French, German, Bengali, Hindi, Italian, Indonesian, Japanese, Malay, Korean, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese and Turkish. Which language do you prefer?
- What do I need to be aware of if I decide to join MeetMe dating app?
Answer: Your email Inbox may receive a lot of spam and advertisements after you sign up. But if you use Gmail, this shouldn’t be a problem because Gmail can filter ads for you automatically.
- What are the main benefits if I join this app?
Answer: First of all, its rules are pretty decent. Second, the gifts are very creative.
- What is the most obvious disadvantage of this app?
Answer: Distance control is behind a paywall, so it’s not very handy. You will get alerts from members who are very far away from you. That’s not convenient at all.
- Final verdict and executive summary:
MeetMe dating app allows members to chat with each other for free, which is not very common amongst dating apps on the market. Overall, it’s a decent dating app for people to meet new friends on the Internet.
MeetMe used to be called My Yearbook, but now that website has become an app.